I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Blame Al For Don Imus's "Death Sentence"

That's the message that the media has been sending the entire day today. It's Al Sharpton's fault that Don Imus is out of a job. I also love the "death sentence" comment that MSNBC has been spouting for about the last two or three hours.

Cut the bullshit!! It is nobody's fault except for Don Imus that he opened his mouth to spew that vile garbage about the Rutgers women's basketball team. But make no mistake about it, he wasn't just degrading the Rutgers team. He was degrading all women. By saying what he said, he was saying that it's okay to call a woman a whore.

I'm sick and tired of hearing the sympathy for Don Imus. This asshole CHOSE to open his mouth. He CHOSE to call the players nappy-headed whores. Nobody put a shotgun to his head, and forced him to say it. And what the hell is this "bad joke" bullshit? Calling a woman a whore isn't a joke. You can't tell me that anyone who has a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, wife, girlfriend, niece, or daughter would think it's okay for a man to call them a whore. If you think it's okay you clearly have no respect for women, period.

I'm sick of hearing women defend this asshole, but I'm not surprised. They don't get it that by calling these women whores, he was calling all women whores. Apparently they enjoy being degraded. Any woman who would defend him is a sorry excuse for a woman, and I want nothing to do with them.

I'm glad that Don Imus was fired from both MSNBC and CBS. He deserved to be fired. I hope that Don Imus never gets another job. His kind of mouth doesn't belong on the airwaves ever again.

It's about time women stood up to men. It's about time women said that they're not going to take the abuse that is hurled at them on a daily basis. We're not going to allow men to call us whores or whatever else they want. We're not going to take the abuse lying down. We've done it for far too long, and we're done!! If any man ever called me a whore, a whole lot of people would be needed to hold me back because he wouldn't be leaving with his mouth intact. To borrow a famous saying, we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. If that makes us bitches, so be it. No man is ever going to call me a whore and get away with it.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out Imus!! I'll certainly be enjoying your "death sentence" as the media has been calling your firing. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter