I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Pilot Booted From Flight For Swearing

When I first read this story, I laughed so hard that I almost pissed my pants. Are they serious? Booting a pilot for swearing?

ROMULUS, Mich. - A Northwest Airlines flight was canceled because the pilot was yelling obscenities during a cell phone conversation while people were boarding, and cursed one passenger, a federal official said Saturday.


Ooh, scary!! He was swearing into a cellphone. Man, arrest him now!!

The pilot of the Las Vegas-to-Detroit flight was apparently in a heated cell phone conversation in the cockpit, then went into a lavatory, locked the door and continued the conversation, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said Saturday.

"Passengers who were boarding the aircraft could hear his end of it," Gregor said.

Las Vegas police were sent Friday to McCarran International Airport to investigate, Gregor said. Authorities were told that the pilot cursed one passenger who confronted him, Gregor said.


A passenger confronted the pilot over swearing? Please!! That kind of reminds me of one time when I was younger. My brother had a friend "Jake" staying over at our house. Our family and "Jake" all went out to dinner. While we were in the car, my dad started swearing. It was nothing too drastic. He said something and then said damn it. "Jake" looked at my dad and said, "Mr. Blank, could you please not swear? It's against my religion to hear swearing." That was the funniest thing I've ever heard. Trust me when I say that it wasn't the first time nor the last time that "Jake" was exposed to swearing.

So, what was the passenger's beef here with the pilot? Was it also against his religion to hear swearing? Or maybe there were women and children on the flight, and he wanted to "protect" them from the same language they hear every single day.

Gregor said Northwest removed the pilot from the aircraft and returned him to his home base in Detroit for an investigation. He said it was up to Northwest to determine what would happen to the pilot.

Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest issued an apology to passengers and said the incident was under review.


What are the charges that he may face? It's not against the law to swear. Oh I know, perhaps they'll charge him with terrorism. After all, one of those swear words could have been a code word for something sinister. Quick, what race was the pilot? If he was white, nothing will happen. If he was black or hispanic, he'll be fired. And if he was of a Middle Eastern nationality, he'll be on the next flight to Gitmo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter