I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Divided Vatican: It's About Time!!

The Vatican is divided. What's a Pope to do? Perhaps he could dig out his whip, and snap it in the direction of the "misguided." Or maybe he'll just toss Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini out on his ass.

Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini, the influential former archbishop of Milan, said on Sunday that terminally ill patients should be given the right to refuse treatments and that the doctors who assist them should be protected by law.


Ooh, bad little Cardinal. You aren't towing the ridiculous Vatican line!! I'm sure that you will be punished severely for your insolence.

Although the Vatican has agreed that protracted treatments for the terminally ill can be ended by doctors if no cure is possible, the Vicariate of Rome denied Welby's family permission to hold a Catholic funeral, claiming Welby's "desire to end his life, expressed frequently and publicly, is contrary to Catholic doctrine".


Wow, I didn't know that the Vatican makes the laws in Italy. Well, what the hell am I saying? The Vatican thinks it makes the laws in every country, especially when it comes to issues such as end of life wishes, gay rights, and abortion. So, this really is nothing new here!! The point is, how dare the Vatican "agree" that terminally ill patients can have their treatments ended if there is no cure. It's not the Vatican's place to "agree." It's not their business!!

The case divided Italian politics, with government coalition parties such as the Radical Party defending Dr Riccio's action and Luca Volonte, from the conservative Christian Democrat Union, calling it "murder".


The last time I looked, it's not murder when a patient requests to die. If someone has expressed a desire to die because he or she can't be treated and there is absolutely ZERO chance for recovery, it's not murder if his or her wishes are carried out.

I'll have to remember to file a living will. I don't want some priest at a hospital or the Pope telling me what I can or can't do when it comes to any medical treatment I may or may not want. I don't want some priest at a hospital or the Pope telling my family what they can or can't do when it comes to any medical treatment I may or may not want. I don't want their religious beliefs imposed on me. I have a right to die just like everyone else has a right to die. I have a right to express that wish to my family, should the time ever come where they would have to make a decision like that.

The Pope appeared to refer to the Welby case in a Christmas Day speech when he said: "What are we to think of those who choose death in the belief that they are celebrating life?"


The Pope can think what he will of me, and I shall do the same of him. It's not the business of the Pope if someone decides to end medical treatment. It's not the business of the Pope if someone expresses a desire to die. It's not the business of the Pope to butt into the personal lives of people around the world. If he wants to do something good and decent, he should concern himself with pedophile priests and nuns. That's where his "nose" should be!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter