I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Hope You Know, Jesus Loves You Today!!

That's what some woman said to me today.

I was working, and she came up to me. She said something, and I didn't hear what it was so I said "What?". She repeated herself and said, "I hope you know, Jesus loves you today." I was almost tempted to tell her that I don't believe in God because I'm an atheist. I'm not an atheist, but it would have been interesting to see her reaction to that one!! But I figured that she probably would have pulled out her trusty little travel-size Bible and would start preaching to me. So, I just said "uh-huh" and let her go. As she was about to leave, she turned around and started preaching her religious mumbo-jumbo to me again.

I don't care if someone is religious. But they should have enough respect to not impose their religion on others. I don't walk up to people I don't know and say, "I hope you know, Jesus loves you today" because that's just rude. How did she know that I wasn't Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or practiced any other religion out there? How did she know that I wasn't an atheist? Seriously, do people not understand how rude that is to come up to someone they don't know and start preaching their religious crap to that person?

When someone actually prevents you from doing your job which is what she did, they deserve to be thrown out of the place. I didn't have her thrown out by security, but I should have because I was trying to do my job. I would have done the same thing if it were anyone else who was not talking to me for legit reasons. If you want to preach religion, that's what a church or your home is for. Keep it away from me, and especially when I'm working. I don't want to hear that!!

Tomorrow is another work day. I can't wait to see who I meet next!! If it's an interesting person, I'll be sure to blog about it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger LET'S TALK said…

    You know I was in Tennessee visiting some friends and a conversation came up about a religion and groups who would always push their religion on others and not want to hear what others had to offer about their own religion.

    With all the different religions out in this world, yours or mind should be with the people that believe as do we.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter