I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Muslims Have To Prove That They're American Too?

When will this end? When are we going to stop forcing Muslim Americans to prove that they're American too? I would be polite and say that it's pretty damn pathetic. But, I'm not being polite. It's fucking asinine, criminal too. They are no less American than you or I. I'd call a Muslim my friend before I'd ever call a right-wing, bible thumping, conservative, Christian nut job my friend. I'm more fearful of them than I'd ever be of a Muslim. Yet nobody is questioning whether or not they're American.

People constantly use the excuse that because they're Muslim or of Middle Eastern heritage, they should face more scrutiny. Why? Because they look a certain way? That's pretty fucked up if you ask me. I have two words for you. Oklahoma City!! Remember shortly after the Oklahoma City bombing? Do you remember how we were so desperate to find a link to some Middle Eastern country? Do you remember how we tried to place the blame on Iraq, saying it was an Iraqi who blew up the building? No? I do!! I remember how desperate this country was to prove that it was a foreigner who was the mastermind behind the bombing. But it wasn't!! It was white American men. What's wrong with that picture? Oh, that's right!! They don't fit the typical profile of a terrorist. Bullshit!! They did it. Not some Muslim. Not some Middle Eastern man. It was white American men, one being a former military man. So the next time you say that Muslims and people of Middle Eastern heritage should be singled out for scrutiny, remember Oklahoma City. It was who everyone least suspected. Why? Because nobody was looking beyond our racist stereotype of what a terrorist is.

Muslim Americans don't need to prove that they're American. They already are. If you're so ignorant that you would stereotype them and demand that they prove that they're American, I don't want anything to do with you. You're un-American. You're racist. You're ignorant. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being, and you're not worth my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter