I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Friday, August 24, 2007

I Don't Give A Damn!!

When I was reading this story, I got a bit pissed off.

The part that pissed me off the most was the following:

Attorney Harland Braun, who has represented celebrities on drug- and alcohol-related cases, said the public doesn't consider how much the stars have to lose.

If they are deemed uninsurable, they will lose acting roles. "If the public gets tired of them, it could really hurt their careers," he said.

Braun said he represented a high-profile actor with drug problems who could no longer get top roles because of insurance problems.

"He's now reduced to doing small parts and productions overseas," Braun said.

He also recently represented actor Lane Garrison, who pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter and drunken driving in a crash that killed a teenage passenger, a case that highlights the possible consequences of drunken driving.

Garrison faces a maximum sentence of six years, eight months in prison. Los Angeles County prosecutors have asked for four years and eight months.

Why should the public consider what the stars have to lose? Quite frankly, I don't give a damn what they have to lose. They all should have thought about that before they decided to get behind a wheel and drive while drunk or high. It's their own fucking fault if they lose their careers, not mine!!

And for the record, the public is tired of them. We're tired of them getting off with a slap on the wrist while EVERYONE else gets thrown behind bars for the same crimes. How dare this jackass imply that the public is somehow to blame if their careers get hurt!! They have hurt their careers all on their own by doing what they did. It's their own damn fault if they can't get hired. But we're supposed to take pity on them? I don't think so!!

On another note, ask me if I have any sympathy for Lane Garrison. Go ahead!! Ask me!! The answer is simple. HELL NO!! He chose to get behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated. He chose to drive with passengers in that car. When one of those passengers was killed, that was Garrison's fault. I think it's rather pathetic that he could only get a max of a little less than seven years in prison for killing this kid. He should be doing life in my opinion. From what I've read, they want to see if he's a good candidate for probation. Yes, that's right!! Probation for killing someone while drunk. Surprised? I'm not!! Oh, but don't worry. I'm sure that the prosecutor will assure us that EVERYONE that's guilty of vehicular manslaughter while being drunk would receive the EXACT same sentence.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger FunkyTown Fighter said…

    Damn it, don't you realize how much we "stress" celebrities out by making them richer? Jeez!!!
    LOL.............
    Seriously, I could care less for what they have to lose too! I'm tired of them all to be honest. I mean really what are they going to lose? A few thousand dollars on a lawyer?? Oh well stay out of TROUBLE and you won't need one!!! The Bullshit that comes out of their mouths never ceases to amaze me!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter