I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Catholic Priest Jogging NAKED Is Arrested

A Catholic priest in Colorado was arrested in June for jogging naked.

FREDERICK, Colo. -- A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after police said he went jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.

Whipkey, 53, was arrested June 22 in this small town about 20 miles north of Denver. An officer said he saw a naked man walking down the street at 4:35 a.m. The U.S. Naval Observatory Web site said sunrise that day in Frederick was 5:31 a.m.

The officer said when he shined his flashlight at the man, he covered himself with a piece of clothing he was carrying.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey, who also officiates at parishes in the nearby towns of Mead and Erie, remains an active priest.

If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

It was not clear why the June incident was not reported by the newspaper until this week.

I first heard the story this morning, and I thought it was rather hilarious. A naked Catholic priest goes out for a jog, and has an excuse for being naked. I can just picture the conversation with police.

Police: Sir, why don't you have clothes on?

Priest: Well, it's really quite simple. I sweat profusely when I'm wearing clothes. God told me that it was okay to go without clothes so I did. (Okay, I made that last part up!!)


Nice try there FATHER!! It's against the law to go jogging naked unless you're somewhere that it's not outlawed. I do find it interesting that if he's convicted on the indecent exposure charge he will have to register as a sex offender. Now if only the child molesting priests and nuns would be forced to register as sex offenders. Oops, my bad!! In order for that to happen, the Catholic Church would actually have to turn those priests and nuns over to the POLICE!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter