I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Would You Pardon "Scooter" Libby?

That was a question thrown at the Republicans tonight during their debate. Wolf Blitzer wanted a simple yes or no. As you will see, some people just couldn't shut the hell up!! Apparently they don't understand ENGLISH. It's really simple. Yes or No!!

Transcript:

BLITZER: I just want to do a quick yes or no. And I’m going to go down the rest of the group and let everybody just tell me yes or no : Would you pardon Scooter Libby?

(UNKNOWN): No.

(UNKNOWN): No. I’m steeped in the law. I wouldn’t do that.

(UNKNOWN): No, not without reading the transcript.

(UNKNOWN): Not without reading the transcript.

MCCAIN: He’s going through an appeal process. We’ve got to see what happens here.

GIULIANI: I think the sentence was way out of line. I mean, the sentence was grossly excessive in a situation in which, at the beginning, the prosecutor knew who the leak was…

BLITZER: So, yes or no, would you pardon him?

GIULIANI: … and he knew a crime wasn’t committed.

I recommended over a thousand pardons to President Reagan when I was associate attorney general. I would see if it fit the criteria for pardon. I’d wait for the appeal.

I think what the judge did today argues more in favor of a pardon because…

BLITZER: Thank you.

GIULIANI: … this is excessive punishment.

BLITZER: All right.

GIULIANI: When you consider — I’ve prosecuted 5,000 cases.

BLITZER: I’m trying to get a yes or no.

(LAUGHTER)

GIULIANI: Well, this is a very important issue. This is a very, very important — a man’s life is at stake. And the reality is, this is an incomprehensible situation.

They knew who the leak was.

ROMNEY: Hey, Wolf, can I explain…

GIULIANI: And ultimately, there was no underlying crime involved.

BLITZER: All right.

ROMNEY: This is one of those situations where I go back to my record as governor. I didn’t pardon anybody as governor, because I didn’t want to overturn a jury.

But in this case, you have a prosecutor who clearly abused prosecutorial discretion by going after somebody when he already knew that the source of the leak was Richard Armitage. He’d been told that. So he went on a political vendetta.

BLITZER: Was that a yes?

ROMNEY: It’s worth looking at that. I will study it very closely if I’m lucky enough to be president. And I’d keep that option open.

BLITZER: Senator?

BROWNBACK: Yes. The basic crime here didn’t happen. What they were saying was that the identity of an agent…

BLITZER: All right.

Governor?

BROWNBACK: … was revealed, but that agent has to be in the field for that to be a crime. That didn’t occur.

BLITZER: Governor?

THOMPSON: Bill Clinton committed perjury at a grand jury, lost his law license. Scooter Libby got 30 months. To me, it’s not fair at all.

But I would make sure the appeal was done properly, and then I would examine the record.

BLITZER: Congressman?

TANCREDO: Yes.

BLITZER: Yes.

All right. We heard from all of them.

Really Rudolph, a man's life is at stake? Gee, I didn't know that Libby was sentenced to death for what he did. He was given two and a half years in prison. Wow!! Real excessive and harsh there!! Two and a half years isn't NEARLY enough for what he did to Valerie Plame, her family, her friends, and anyone that worked with her. He helped put her life and their lives in danger by blowing her cover. But hey, his life is at stake so we should all feel sorry for him!! Boo Hoo!! Excuse me while I go barf.

I knew that Bill Clinton's name would come up in this argument. Leave it to Tommy Thompson to piss and moan about how it's not fair that Bill Clinton lied about sex and didn't go to jail, but Libby helped blow the cover of a CIA officer and is going to jail. Cry me a river Potty Boy!!

These thugs are pathetic!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ron said…

    LOL. The Reeps can't help themselves from blaming Clinton.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter