I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Polish PM Says No More Gays

The Polish Prime Minister said that "it was not in the interest of society to have more gay people."

Hmm, I wonder who it was that said something similar before. Oh that's right!! HITLER!! The only difference is that Hitler was talking mainly about Jewish people.

Don't misunderstand me here. I'm in absolutely no way disrespecting the people of Poland. I'm in absolutely no way disrespecting the victims of the Holocaust, or the survivors of this horrible atrocity. What I am saying is that comments such as those that the Polish Prime Minister made are disgusting. Comments such as his add fuel to the fire. All it would take is for one person to take his words about gay people literally, and it could lead to more atrocities.

Perhaps he should visit Auschwitz or some other former concentration camps that still exist, and reflect upon what happened there. I wonder how many of those people who were murdered there were GAY. I certainly wouldn't like to see another Holocaust. I'm not saying that he does either. But his words certainly don't help. If anything, they're only going to make things worse for gay people.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually, Hitler's disdain for gays was also a well-known plank in the Nazi platform.

    The people who suffer the most often seem to be the ones who forget the most as well. The Poles should know better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter