I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Protecting the wrong person!!!!!

I'm back after a long hiatus, and I thought I would share my recent experience with everyone.

Almost a month ago a former co-worker of mine threatened to kill people at work. That's right!! He made a verbal threat in front of me that he was going to go on a shooting rampage. When I asked him why, he said because it was long overdue.

Needless to say, I reported the threat to company security.

So, what do you think happened?

Absolutely nothing, unless you consider a conversation DISCIPLINE!! That's right!! The company did nothing to the man who made the threat. As far as I know he still works there. People all around the world are arrested for far less than threatening to kill your co-workers.

When I reported this threat I honestly thought that something would be done. Boy, was I an idiot!! They believed this man when he said that it was just a joke. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, for the life of me I can't understand how anyone would think that threatening to kill people is funny or a joke.

It became abundantly clear to me that this company was not going to take this threat seriously. They made their choice, and I made my choice. So I sit here currently unemployed and looking for a new job because my former employer chose not to protect the rest of their employees. Instead, they chose to protect the man who threatened to kill them.

That ought to look nice on my resume!!!!! Reason for leaving: Death threats from co-worker, and employer did nothing about it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter