I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Some Georgia Public Schools To Offer Bible Classes

I smell a lawsuit, and a justifiable lawsuit at that!!

Some Georgia public schools are going to offer classes on the Bible. Although Georgia has a law that allows these classes, there's a problem. It's a violation of church and state separation. I don't care if they say that they're not going to promote or teach one particular religion. The point is, they're teaching RELIGION by teaching about the Bible. By the way, what religion are you promoting if you're teaching the entire Bible? It sure as hell isn't Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other religion for that matter. By teaching the Bible, you're promoting CHRISTIANITY.

People will stop at nothing to get religion taught in schools. If you want your child to learn about religion, send them to a private or religious school. That's what they're for!! And people wonder why more parents homeschool their children. Who can blame them? Who wants their child indoctrinated?

Supporters say fully understanding history, literature and political science — from the writings of Martin Luther King Jr. to the war in Iraq —requires knowledge of the Bible.

Gee, I don't understand the war in Iraq. I don't understand history. I don't understand literature. I don't understand political science. I don't understand what the hell Martin Luther King Jr. was saying. I'm just stupid because I don't understand anything. That's because I don't know the Bible. Good God!! We're not brain-dead idiots!!

"I don't think you can understand Shakespeare, that you can understand a great deal of literary allusions or that you can understand a great deal of Western civilization without understanding the role of the Bible," said Pennock, a former Western civilization teacher.

Here we go again!! You can't understand anything unless you understand the Bible. Well, I understand the Bible!! And I don't think it should be shoved down the throats of anyone. I don't think it should be taught in public schools. And, I hope that parents and others sue to keep it out of schools. Like I already said, if you want your child to learn about religion then send them to a private or religious school. Otherwise, take them to church. But stop this nonsense with the damn Bible being taught in schools!! It's ridiculous!!

Pease, a Christian, said she'd support schools teaching comparative religion classes, including those that studied the holy books of other major faiths like Islam's Quran.

Oh yeah!! Like those right-wing, Bible-thumping, Christian, conservative, whack jobs would really allow the teaching of any religion but Christianity to take place in school. Like hell they would ever allow Islam to be taught in school. Like hell they would ever let the Quran be taught in school. It's a crock of shit to think that they would. Anyone who thinks that they would is clearly delusional!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter