I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Why Do They Hate Us? Gee, I Can't Guess!!

A recent Gallup poll clearly showed the hatred and ignorance of Americans when it comes to Muslims. Listen to these stats.

  • 22% of those polled said they would NOT want a Muslim neighbor
  • 34% of those polled said that Muslims in America back Al-Qaeda
  • 49% of those polled said that Muslims in the US are loyal to America
  • 39% of those polled said that Muslims should be required to carry a special ID card
  • 39% of those polled said that they hold some kind of prejudice against Muslims
  • 44% of those polled said that Muslims have religious views that are too extreme

And we have the nerve to ask, why do they hate us? Gee, I can't guess!! I realize that only about 1,000 people were polled. But I tend to believe that if these questions were asked of every American, the numbers would be far higher than they are with this group of people. Interestingly enough, those people who actually knew someone who was Muslim had a more favorable view of Muslims.

The most disturbing response I found out of all of this was the response about ID cards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Jewish people forced to have ID cards identifying them as Jews? I don't think we want to go down that route, unless we're willing to be compared to Hitler.

Do your research before you spew your vicious hatred, and bigoted views about a group of people who have done nothing other than choosing to follow a religious belief that you don't agree with. People said they wouldn't want a Muslim neighbor. Funny, but I don't think you could tell who was a Muslim and who wasn't. That's the misconception put out there by brainless, hate-filled individuals.. They think that Muslims have a certain look. They think that they all look alike, and Muslims must be of Arab or Middle Eastern heritage. So the next time you think you might be living next door to a Muslim, go ask them if they are. You might be surprised by what you find out. Personally, I'd be more concerned living next door to a right-wing, Evangelical Christian whack who is waiting for Jesus to rise from the dead, than I'd ever be living next door to a Muslim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter