I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mike Malloy Waves The White Flag On The Truth

Well, I can't say as I'm surprised.

I knew once the Bush thugs were out of office (which they're not yet, I realize that) the Malloy program would change (there's that word again).

And I figured that it had to go one of two ways.

Either the format was going to revert back to what it used to be when Mike Malloy was on WLS in Chicago, which, while political in nature, was not just about politics.

OR

It was going to be political in nature but, since the president (whatever that means in this country) was a Democrat, it was going to be easy, light, almost hands-off.

And?

I really love to be correct some days.

Here's the man himself, just in case there's someone out there that doesn't believe me.

Moratorium

Yeah, there's lots to question as President-elect Obama puts his team together. But, you know what? I'm declaring a moratorium on the harsh criticism.

I've had enough singin' the blues, enough stress and tension and daily freak-outs from eight years of the worst president in history. I've had enough of the fear that comes with knowing the guy in charge couldn't find his ass with both hands unless Cheney were there to assist. And Cheney is a war criminal.

So . . . yeah, we'll continue to address the issues in the "Malloy manner." The snarky, sarcastic, foul-mouthed opinions will continue as warranted. But, I want a break. I think we all do. A new sound to the program? Probably not. Just a different attitude. I would like to see Barack Obama succeed in leading this country back from the brink of collapse and on to the sort of balance we all desperately need.

Want to go along for the ride?

- MDM


Sure, he says that he's going to continue to "be Malloy" but he adds the caveat of "as warranted".

And, yeah, I'm parsing words here but there it is. "As Warranted". Exactly what does that mean?

Further, how far does this "moratorium" extend?

Does it only apply to Malloy and/or anyone else that works for the show or does it go beyond that and are callers and writers to the show subject to this "moratorium" (read: ducking of the truth), too?

John Pilger wrote a piece about a week ago, titled "Beware The Obama Hype", and he closed with, “True democracy,” wrote Penn Jones Jr, the Texas truth-teller, “is constant vigilance: not thinking the way you’re meant to think and keeping your eyes wide open at all times.”

This "moratorium" sounds an awful lot like what Penn Jones, Jr. was warning against.

It's times like these that make me glad that I left the Malloy show almost eight months ago.

P.S. Yes, I saw the link that Malloy put up on his site yesterday about Robert Gates and his role in Iran-Contra but I want anyone who wishes to argue with me and anything that I said above to look at the title of the link, as given by Malloy.

For those now wishing to waste their time, it reads, "Yup. I'm Honoring My Moratorium On Criticizing Obama".

Now it's gone from "harsh criticism" to simple criticism that is outlawed on Malloy's show.

Even better, right?

For those that wish to know about Robert Gates and just what kind of guy Barack Obama and the powers that control him are giving to the country, read the story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter