I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Oh Please Bitch!!

This woman needs to spare us the fake tears!!

Mom apologizes for Hannah Montana essay

GARLAND, Texas - A woman apologized Friday for a "bad decision" in helping her 6-year-old daughter win tickets to a Hannah Montana concert with an essay that falsely claimed the girl's father died in Iraq.

Priscilla Ceballos said she hadn't intended to mislead the contest sponsor but got caught up in helping her daughter "realize her dream of seeing Hannah Montana."

"Instead I brought so much negative attention to my family," Ceballos said, reading a statement on NBC's "Today" show. "Please accept my heartfelt apology and please do not punish my child for my mistake."

Ceballos apologized specifically to the military and military families for falsely claiming the girl's father died in a roadside bombing in Iraq.

"I just wanted to help my daughter write a compelling story," she said. "There is no more compelling story than the struggle and sacrifices of our military and their families."

Officials with Chicago-based chain Club Libby Lu surprised the girl with the tickets and a makeover Dec. 28 at a store in a suburban Dallas mall. Club Libby Lu sells clothes, accessories and games for young girls.

The essay won her the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert Jan. 9. The opening line in the essay was: "My daddy died this year in Iraq."

Ceballos admitted later in the day to store officials that the essay and the military information she provided about her daughter's father were untrue.

Club Libby Lu withdrew the prize the next day and awarded it to another unnamed contestant.

"I meant no disrespect," Ceballos said on the "Today" show. "I just made a bad decision which I sincerely regret."

Oh please BITCH!! This woman meant all the disrespect in the world!! I guarantee you that if she hadn't been confronted by a reporter who investigated the essay claim, she would have never owned up to the fact that she lied and got her child to lie. The only reason she appeared on the Today show was because so many people were pissed off about what she did. Her "apology" is not even remotely sincere, especially given the fact that after she was exposed she said that they did whatever was necessary to win.

This wasn't a "bad decision". It's called FRAUD lady!! The reality of the situation is that people aren't pissed at the child. They are pissed at the mother. If we're supposed to believe that the child wrote this essay, it is obvious that this child was manipulated. I don't know of any child who would say that their parent was dead, even for a damn concert ticket. I still stand my belief that this mother wrote the essay, and had her daughter take credit for it.

On a side note, does this woman seriously think that her child should still be given the prize? It certainly sounds like it, given her comment about not punishing her child for her bad decision. Is she delusional? There is no way in hell that child is going to get tickets, especially after the rightful uproar over this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter