I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Learning By Watching The News

As I was watching CNN this afternoon, I learned something that I apparently didn't know. I learned that the new meaning of the words SHOT DEAD, at least according to CNN and other news networks, is DETAINED.

You see, I learned this as I was watching news coverage of the latest shootings in this country. If you haven't already heard by now, there were at least two shootings today in Colorado. The first one was in Arvada, Colorado at a missionary center. The second one was in Colorado Springs, Colorado at New Life Church, a "mega-church" founded by Ted Haggard.

According to eye witnesses at the church and the local hospital, the shooter was shot dead. All the news networks were reporting that a suspect was "detained". Funny, I didn't realize that being shot DEAD meant that you were actually in police custody being questioned and thrown in the slammer to await your arraignment.

And they say that television teaches you nothing!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter