I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Reporter Fired In Missing Mom Case

A reporter covering the case of missing mom Lisa Stebic has been fired.

CHICAGO — A television reporter who lost her job after being videotaped wearing a swimsuit at the home of a man whose estranged wife is missing says she's "devastated," according to a published report.

Former WMAQ-TV reporter Amy Jacobson told the Chicago Sun-Times she knows she "made a lapse in judgment," but she thought the station would suspend her and then support her.

In a story in the Sun-Times' Wednesday editions, Larry Wert, the station's president and general manager, said the matter was "a complicated issue" and "a close, tough call." He praised Jacobson's work as "a valued member of the team for more than 10 years."

The video, posted on a rival TV station's Web site, showed Jacobson wearing a halter bikini top and towel near the pool at Craig Stebic's suburban Plainfield home. Jacobson's two young children and a bare-chested Stebic also are shown in the video shot Friday.

The video raised questions about the ethical conduct of the veteran reporter, who had been assigned to cover the disappearance of Craig's wife, Lisa Stebic.

Jacobson told the newspaper she was on her way to go swimming with her kids on her day off when Stebic's sister, Jill, invited her to the house to discuss the case.

"My kids were in the car with me," Jacobson said. "It was a way for me to do my work and have fun with my kids."

She said the video didn't show others who were at the home, including Craig's sister and other children.

"If a tape didn't exist, I know I would still have my job," she said. "The video they used was not indicative of the situation."

Jacobson admitted she did not handle the situation properly. "I know I made a lapse in judgment," she said. "I know it and I apologize for it. But I'm a competitive person and I did it to advance the story."

I'm sorry, but come off it woman!! Did she honestly think that the station was going to simply "suspend" her and then "support" her like she says? Get real!!

I know she won't answer the questions because she doesn't know about my blog, but I'll ask them.

How would you feel if it turns out that the husband IS responsible for the disappearance of Lisa Stebic? I'm in no way saying that he is. I'm simply saying, what if!!

How would you feel knowing you exposed your children to him if it turns out that the husband IS responsible for the disappearance of Lisa Stebic?

How would you feel knowing that you exposed yourself to him if it turns out that the husband IS responsible for the disappearance of Lisa Stebic?

I don't think she would feel that great!!

If she knows that she made a "lapse" in judgment, why did she do it in the first place? And why in the hell is she blaming whoever it is that shot the video footage? She says, "If a tape didn't exist, I know I would still have my job." In other words, she doesn't truly think that what she did is wrong. She's just sorry that she got caught doing it. She says right there, if the tape didn't exist she'd have her job. Then she justifies what she did by saying that she did it to advance the story. Again, she doesn't truly think that what she did is wrong. She doesn't think that potentially endangering her children in order to get the story was wrong. She doesn't think that potentially endangering herself in order to get the story was wrong.

I totally agree with the decision to fire her. She crossed a line that she shouldn't have. Quite frankly, if he does turn out to be responsible for Lisa Stebic's disappearance, she'll be lucky if she's not facing child endangerment charges!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter