I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

English Only? Not This American!!

Not that anyone really cares, but today I decided to take up the Spanish language. Unlike most students when I was in high school, I decided that I didn't want to learn Spanish. Instead, I chose to learn Russian. After studying the language for three years, I became pretty fluent in it. It still needs some work, but someday I will be completely fluent in the language.

I've also dabbled in Italian, German, French, Swedish, Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Farsi, and Cantonese. But today I decided that I really wanted to get serious about boosting my language skills so I decided that I'm going to learn Spanish for starters.

This American refuses to speak only English!! Too bad many others don't feel the same way. Anyways, I fully intend to tackle one language at a time or more than one language at a time. I want to be able to communicate with others around the world and here in the United States without expecting them to learn "my" language. Why should they have to speak "my" language all the time? Why can't we learn THEIR languages?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Political Realm said…

    If only more were like you.

    Making English our official language will do nothing to make us "more American" or solve the immigration problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter