I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Catholic Bishops Sue Over South Park

Oh those funny Catholics. If they're not bitching about one thing, they're bitching about another. This time, they're bitching about an episode of South Park and have decided to sue over it.

Catholic bishops say a case they have brought before the High Court could have a big impact on the community.

They launched a legal case over a controversial episode of the animated television show South Park, featuring a menstruating Virgin Mary.

Catholics complained to the Broadcasting Standards Authority when it was screened, but the complaint was thrown out.

Lawyers for the bishops have appealed to the High Court, claiming the programme breached obligations under the Broadcasting Act.

Church spokeswoman Lindsay Freer says the court has reserved its decision.

So, let me see if I have this straight. We're supposed to believe that the Virgin Mary actually existed. The Virgin Mary was a woman. So, why is it wrong to suggest that the Virgin Mary had a period? It's a fact of life. Women have periods. If she existed, she had a period. What's the problem here?

Oh, I know what the problem is here. You can't touch the "sacred" religious figures. You can't say anything about them because it's an insult to Christianity. Funny, but I don't see any other Christian denomination complaining. It's only the Catholics. Wow, big shocker there!!

Here's a suggestion, GROW UP!! It's called television. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's that simple. Those of us who actually want to watch it will, and are entitled to watch whatever we want. The religious stations on my television offend and insult me, but I'm not suing. The Vatican channel on my television offends and insults me, but I'm not suing. If you want to talk about ridiculous lawsuits, here's one for you!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter