I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Don't Fall For It!!

Today, Obama signed The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009. Don't be fooled by the title of this bill!!

Obama says, "If we stay focused, as Lilly did, and keep standing for what's right, as Lilly did, we will close that pay gap and ensure that our daughters have the same rights, the same chances, and the same freedom to pursue their dreams as our sons." That is a slap in the face to every woman!! This bill does NOT force employers to pay women equal wages. It doesn't close any pay gap. And it sure as hell doesn't ensure that we have the same rights as men.

The only thing this bill does is that it changes the 180 day period in which a complaint can be filed. Previously employees only had 180 days from the date of their first "unfair" paycheck to file a complaint. This bill changes that to 180 days from the date of their most recent paycheck.

It's not going to help us get an equal and fair wage. In fact, it keeps intact the burden on the employee to PROVE that they received an unequal and unfair wage instead of forcing the employer to pay an equal and fair wage in the first place.

Ladies, don't fall for this!! It's just another attempt by Congress and Obama to look like they care about women. They don't!!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You know, it really saddens me, about Obama. I was so excited when he ran for office, I was out campaigning for him, making phone calls AND thinking that the world is a better place now.
    Now, all these things are coming out about him, and I will admit, I don't totally understand all of it, but I really feel "let down."
    I know he is better than bush, WAY better, but like I said, it really sadden's me to find out what he is really all about.
    PEACE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter