I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

All I Ask For Is A Little Common Sense

This is in response to the comments made by, imagine this, Anonymous concerning Sarah Palin threatening to fire Mary Ellen Emmons twelve years ago in the town of Wasilla.

I should also be asking for people to challenge me with the facts, too, but that might be too much to ask of some people.

Our good friend Anonymous can't even get the woman's name straight, calling her "Kilkennedy".

First, I think what you meant to say, Anonymous, was Kilkenny, that being Anne Kilkenny, a resident of Wasilla that has talked about this story extensively.

Second, and this goes directly to the common sense part of the story, don't you think that, if this was indeed a made-up story, Sarah Palin would have sued for libel and/or slander by now? It seems to me that this would be grounds for denigration of character if it were false and a very easy case to win.

But, then again, I don't know Palin's stance on tort reform or "frivolous" lawsuits. Maybe she thinks character doesn't matter.

At the very least, she should have come before a microphone already and denied that any of this ever took place. Not only has she not done so, no one from her campaign has issued a statement denying it.

Not only that, Palin herself told the Anchorage Daily News that these letters were a test of loyalty.

Loyalty oaths. Where have I heard this kind of shit before?

Besides which, what the fuck does a mayor need a librarian to be loyal for?

People, if you're going to respond to something that I write, all I'm asking of you is, one, do your homework and, two, use a little bit of the brain in your skulls. Just a little bit. Too much might cause overload and destroy the parts that you use for Survivor and CSI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter