I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Such A Long Time Ago, On A Blog Not So Far Away...

I asked the question or intimated that it would be very interesting to see how the so-called anti-war left would come down where it concerned Warmonger Obama.

This week, I got my first glimpse.

Apparently, Tom Hayden can't stomach where Obama might be going and yet, he can't seem to detach himself from THE Savior.

I think it's quite hilarious, actually.

Allow me to attend to a bit of personal business for a second.

I do not suffer fools gladly. I don't like Johnny-Come-Latelys. And I don't like people that declare themselves to be anti-war and then make excuses for people that they support that are anything but anti-war.

Now that you know where I'm coming from, you can understand why I scoff at the Tom Haydens of the world.

Anyone recall how Obama was declared the anti-war candidate? Oh, you sycophantic bullshitters out there will say, "The media did that."

No, boys and girls, you did that. You and Tom Hayden and all the rest. Time to swallow your medicine. You all tried to draw distinctions between Barack and Bush. You all tried, and succeeded, to get people to believe that he was actually going to pull troops out of Iraq and "bring them home".

Congratulations, assholes. You succeeded in make-believe and nothing more. There are no distinctions between Bush and Obama. Zilch.

Oh, yeah, there's the part that says, "I want to go to Afghanistan and kill a bunch of people there" and the part that says, "I want to stay in Iraq and kill a bunch of people there". But those are not distinctions, children. Those are what are called Variations On A Theme. The theme, in this case, is murder. The place and time of Obama or Bush's choosing matters very fucking little.

Tom Hayden is just now realizing that he's been peddling the water of a warmonger and I can't do anything but laugh and shake my head. Tom Hayden, forever anti-war, forever anti-empire, duped by his own delusions of peace, duped by a would-be career politician who is nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing. You'd think it'd be easy for someone like Tom Hayden to spot someone like Obama coming from a mile away.

Thing is, I can't, nor can you, get through to Mr. Hayden and ask him why he was so duped. His Progressives For Obama website affords you no ability to get in touch with him. His columns on The Nation's website do not allow you to talk to him directly.

I guess some people are just afraid of being confronted when they're wrong.

Who's next to fall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter