I Wish I Were In Paris

From war to peace and politics to gossip, if we have an opinion on something we'll share it here.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Love Obama Supporters

You know I do.

I especially love the two comments that I got in my last post.

The reason I'm posting here instead of commenting there is because, here, more people will see my response. So rather than make people scroll down to see what I might have said, I'd rather do it right here.

The first one sounds like he's part Obama supporter, part change promoter, whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean or be.

In reply to my comment about "There is no change coming", he/she wrote, "Change is coming. Barack can be in the vanguard of it, or be swept aside BY it. The choice is his."

My response is this: In what parallel universe does this person live? As long as the corporations own this country, there will be no change. The people can talk about taking back this country all they like.

The simple reality is this: unless you are willing to go to war with your own country and kill a lot of motherfuckers, taking back this country is not going to become a reality.

And even then the system will just start up again and it will be the same thing over again.

I'll say it again. There is no change coming.

The second commentator said, "You might want to take a look at my two sites Let's Talk and Let's Talk About It. (The links are in my previous post's comments if you want to have a look at these sites)

"I have no dog in this fight but Hillary is lying and playing very dirty to become President.

"She has stated that only she and McCain has the experience to be President and Obama brings only a 2002 speech.

"If She's not the nominee then she talks as if she will support McCain."

My response?

I highly doubt that Hillary Clinton would go out of her way to say that John McCain would be a good puppet, er, president, you know, just as she would. People who are running to be controlled don't usually try to equate themselves with the opposition so that they can wind up losing the selection. So I don't think she's stated anything of the sort.

Further, I couldn't care less if she supports McCain or not because, as I've said a couple hundred times, they are all owned by corporations so what the fuck does it matter who "wins", the American people will ultimately be the losers.

If you have no dog in the fight, what does it matter if Hillary Clinton is playing dirty or not?

And because someone says that someone is bringing only a speech with them doesn't make it dirty. It might make it lame but it doesn't make it dirty.

I invite you and everyone else to look at Barack Obama's 2002 speech, which is touted all over the media for being proof that Barack Obama is anti-war.

It's a boldfaced lie but what the hell, right? Let's just keep pretending while we live in fairy tale land.

For those of you that don't wish to be shown that Barack Obama IS NOT anti-war, or for those of you, like me, who have had just about enough of the bullshit and can't be arsed to look at this speech again, allow me to spell it out for you.

Barack Obama, take it away:

"I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars."

I've asked and I have yet to receive an answer but what the fuck is a "smart war"?

I do love how the anti-war protesters in this country have now found themselves in a quandry. For everyone's information, I used to go to the rallies, used to go to the mini-protests, used to stand on a street corner, used to do a lot of shit that the anti-war forces were involved in.

And then, I went to one of these protests and we were basically ordered to, get this, not even make eye contact with someone that might say something to us. Don't, we were ordered, even look at the recruitment center as we walk by.

That was my last protest. It was the last straw.

So you'll forgive me if I find some morsel of glee at the anti-war forces in this country finding themselves supporting a guy that isn't opposed to all wars.

I can't wait until they're forced to decide whether or not they're going to continue to prop up the...whoops, almost said Fuhrer...Fearless Leader (that's better) or if they're going to stand outside the White House (locked out again) and protest his ass.

We were always asked when on these marches whether or not we protested Clinton and his wars and the majority of us had. I certainly protested his continued bombardment of Iraq.

Now the question will be whether or not the anti-war protesters in this country will protest Obama's wars or just give him a pass because, after all, he's just like us.

Change is not coming. But interesting times are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
People Who Are Violent to Animals ... Rarely Stop There
Palm Springs Real Estate
Air Filter